Mandom Cleansing Express Lotion (Makeup Remover)


Japanese brand Mandom's innovative water-based makeup remover series Cleansing Express Lotion has received raves and positive reviews on the internet. I've tried the Cleansing Express Moist before, finished the whole big bottle, but still decided to switch back to my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (with olive extract).

I agree this water-like makeup remover can remove all traces of makeup thoroughly, and my face does feel soft and clean after cleansing without greasiness, but my face feels tight and kinda dry (even though no alcohol is added) after a short while, leaving my oily-inside-dry-outside skin thirsty for more water. Follow-up with your usual facial cleanser after Cleansing Express Moist is a must or recommended to avoid acne breakout the next morning, like what happened to me several times.

Due to its fluid nature, I need to wet at least 3 cotton pads to wipe off all makeup, including the stubborn stains. One trick is to wet 3 pads (stacked together) at one go to save the excess.

Compared to DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Mandom Cleansing Express Moist is a more economical alternative but much less moisturising, i.e. cause more drying of the skin. Since both contains no alcohol and fragrance, they're relatively gentle on the skin. The only thing I like about Mandom Cleansing Express Series is that it can be used on dry on wet skin, unlike DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, which must be used on dry skin.

Comments

Popular Posts